Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Nothing says "party" like appetizers on a stick. This combination of pasta, meat, cheese and veggies are practically a meal in itself. If you have any skewers left over, remove the pieces from the skewers, combine in a bowl, and serve the next day as a pasta salad.
Source of recipe: Barb Liebenstein, Wolf Creek Dairy, Minnesota
- 1 (9-ounce) package cheese-filled tortellini, cooked al dente and cooled
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian dressing
- 1 (8-ounce) block Swiss cheese, cubed
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves or fresh basil leaves
- 32 pieces turkey pepperoni
- 3 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 32 wooden skewers ((6 or 8 inches) )
- In a large bowl, marinate tortellini in Italian dressing for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- To assemble skewers, start with one piece tortellini, one cheese cube, one spinach leaf, one pepperoni slice (folded in fourths), and one tomato. Repeat again with tortellini, cheese, spinach and tomato. Each skewer will have two tortellini, two cheese cubes, two spinach leaves, two tomatoes and one pepperoni slice.
- Repeat until 32 skewers are made.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.