Autumn Pumpkin Soup
Celebrate the fall harvest season with this creamy pumpkin soup flavored with brown sugar and nutmeg.
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups LACTAID® fat-free milk
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Balsamic Vinegar (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a 2 1/2 quart saucepan. Add onion and cook 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, LACTAID® fat-free milk, pumpkin, sugar, salt and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and serve warm. if desired, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and garnish with cilantro.
Source of recipe: LACTAID®