The Avenue's Classic Hot Chocolate
This classic hot chocolate is so thick and creamy you might want to serve it for dessert. Give it a try and you're sure to agree it's one of the best hot cocoa recipes out there.
- 1 quart low-fat chocolate milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chunks
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Mini marshmallows (optional)
- Pour chocolate milk and cocoa powder into a saucepan and stir well. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and stir in sugar. Reduce heat to low and add chocolate chunks. Cook over low heat 3 to 5 minutes or until chocolate melts, stirring occasionally. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour into individual mugs and top with marshmallows or whipped cream, if desired.
Source of recipe: Chef Scott Campbell, Avenue Restaurant, New York, NY