Myers Beef and Noodle Supreme
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
This hearty ground beef casserole from the Myers family is super-rich and creamy due to the addition of cream cheese, sour cream and Cheddar cheese.
Yield may be 6-8 servings. Source of recipe: Myers Family Recipe
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 cups cooked macaroni or penne pasta
- 8 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven. Add beef, onion and salt and cook over medium-high heat until meat is browned. Add tomato sauce, sour cream, cream cheese and cooked macaroni. Add half of shredded cheese. Mix together and transfer to an 11-x7-inch baking dish. Bake at 375˚ 15 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Top with remaining shredded cheese and bake 5 to 10 additional minutes or until cheese melts.