Beef Burrito with Pepper Jack Cheese and Black Beans
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 9 minutes
Total Time: 24 minutes
These cheesy beef burritos are easy to prepare and quick to heat up in a microwave oven.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chunky salsa, divided
- 2 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 6 (9-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 1 (15-ounce) can blacks beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11-ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- 2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion, including green tops
- In a medium non-stick skillet, brown ground beef and garlic over medium heat (break beef mixture up into smaller chunks with a spoon). Drain fat and stir in 1/2 cup of the salsa; set aside.
- Spread 1/3 cup of rice on center of a tortilla, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Scatter about 2 tablespoons of beans and 1 1/2 tablespoons of corn over rice. Spread 1/3 cup of the beef mixture and 1/4 cup of the cheese over corn. Top with 2 teaspoons of salsa and a few pieces of green onion. Fold in two opposite edges of tortilla one inch each and roll up. Place burritos in a microwave oven and heat 1 minute of until heated through. Serve with remaining salsa.