Berry Breakfast Bars
Homemade breakfast bars stuffed with berries make a great grab-and-go breakfast.
- All-purpose cooking spray
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup white or whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries or blackberries
- Preheat oven to 375°. Coat a 13-x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine peanut butter, butter, applesauce, egg, milk, vanilla and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Combine oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl, mixing until well combined. Add to peanut butter mixture and mix well. Gently stir in berries.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool before cutting into bars.
Source of recipe: Rebecca Egsieker, The Dairy Chef