Big Bowl Cheese Dip with Chips
This warm cheese dip won’t last long at your next tailgate party. The chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce gives it an irresistible smoky flavor.
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup regular or non-alcoholic beer
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped chipolte pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- Baked tortilla chips or roasted potato wedges, for dipping
- Place onion and beer in a heavy medium-size pan. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer 3-4 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine cheeses, flour and taco seasoning. Slowly adds handfuls to hot beer until melted. Repeat until all the cheese is used.
- Stir in chipolte pepper and sour cream. Serve with baked tortilla chips or potato wedges.
Yield: about 3 cups (serving size: 2 1/2 tablespoons dip and l ounce baked tortilla chips).