Big Bowl Cheese Dip with Chips
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
This warm cheese dip won’t last long at your next tailgate party. The chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce gives it an irresistible smoky flavor.
Yield: about 3 cups (serving size: 2 1/2 tablespoons dip and l ounce baked tortilla chips).
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup regular or non-alcoholic beer
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped chipolte pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- Baked tortilla chips or roasted potato wedges, for dipping
- Place onion and beer in a heavy medium-size pan. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer 3-4 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine cheeses, flour and taco seasoning. Slowly adds handfuls to hot beer until melted. Repeat until all the cheese is used.
- Stir in chipolte pepper and sour cream. Serve with baked tortilla chips or potato wedges.