Christopher R. Mohr, Ph.D., RD began his nutrition “education” as an overweight kid who had to lose 20 pounds to make weight for football. This is when his interest in nutrition grew. He followed this passion to college, where he ultimately earned a BS and MS in nutrition, became a registered dietitian and earned a Ph.D. in exercise physiology. Now an internationally known nutrition expert, he has presented around the world from Thailand to Iceland, Singapore to Turkey and many countries in between. As a nutrition consultant, he works with a variety of food and supplement companies and is a sought-after expert who works with a variety of media outlets to help translate nutrition research into results.
- Explain why hydration is a vital component of any sports-nutrition training plan.
- List the nutrition and performance-based differences between various types of hydration beverages.
- Provide science-based recommendations for hydrating before, during and after exercise.
- Discuss recent research and recommendations for replenishing muscles with milk.
- Compare and contrast the different types of commercial hydration beverages and how they compare with milk.
Recorded: February 2015