Dairy recipes are always packed with protein. Protein is essential for metabolic functions, maintaining lean muscle mass, providing the body with energy, and much more. Having adequate protein at meals and snacks will help reduce hunger between meals by making you feel fuller after eating. Just one 8-ounce serving of milk has 8 grams of high-quality protein. Chia seeds are healthy fats that are used in a variety of different breakfast combinations. Pair with milk to make this sweet and salty chia pudding!
Delicious and Healthy Dairy Recipes: Chia Pudding
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup milk
- mint stems
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Stir chia seeds into the milk and leave them to swell in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, wash mint, shake dry, and pluck off leaves, setting aside 4 for garnish. Finely puree 1 tablespoon of pistachios and mint leaves with the remaining almond milk using a hand blender.
- Stir pistachio-mint puree and honey into the chia pudding. Wash and clean strawberries and cut one-third into fine slices.
- Puree another third of the strawberries and pass them through a fine sieve as desired. Quarter remaining strawberries.
- Fill a glass with chia pudding and top with strawberry puree. Chop the remaining pistachios. Garnish chia pudding with chopped pistachios, mint leaves set aside, and strawberry quarters.
Check out more protein-packed breakfast ideas!