Stuck at home? Milk it for all it’s worth! Keep your family entertained with virtual learning experiences.
Whether you’re a teacher navigating an online classroom, or a parent suddenly tasked with homeschooling, check out these fun and educational ideas to help kids of all ages learn about dairy farms and the important role dairy foods play in their diet.
- Building Blocks of Milk Lesson Plan
- Building Healthy Bones Lesson Plan
- Milk on the Mooove: From Farm to You Worksheet
- Healthy Farming, Healthy You
- Under Construction: Building the Best Bones for Life Lesson Plan
- Be Smart Drink Smart Lesson Plan
- Breakfast Every Day Lesson Plan
- Eating for Fitness
While you may not be able to go out and visit a dairy farm in person, you can visit one from the comfort of your couch! Learn more about your local farmers, their cows, and the goodness of milk.
Virtual Field Trips
Make and Taste
Did you know milk is packed full of 9 essential nutrients, including 8 grams of high-quality protein? You can still enjoy real milk if you are lactose intolerant and won’t find the same nutrition in milk impersonators. Take some time to try these fun recipes and rest assured you are nourishing your family with real dairy.
- Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins
- Peanut Butter Whip with Apples
- Mac and Cheese Cups
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Bars
- Greek Yogurt
- Whipped Cream
After the family enjoys delicious dairy treats together, you can moo-ve on to discovering fun ways for repurposing used milk cartons with these cool craft ideas. Most of these projects can be completed at little to no cost, and only require supplies you probably already have on hand!