You’ve seen the commercials or heard it referenced: milk, it does the body good. And it does. Milk fuels you with protein so you have plenty of energy for your busy day. Milk is an important factor for a healthy heart and in maintaining strong bones. Your milk does a lot for you. It shouldn’t be surprising that in addition to the nutritious beverage maintaining your interior, it can also benefit your exterior, too.
Consider it. In school, the famous women of centuries past were often reported to take milk baths to keep their skin looking young. We don’t suggest you dump gallons of milk in the tub to try that theory, but someone listened in history class and decided to see how else you can use milk in your beauty routine. Here are other ways you can make dairy the new at-home beauty trend:
- Wear what you eat! Make a facial mask using yogurt or powdered milk. For the powdered milk option, mix with enough water to form a thick paste. Thoroughly coat your face with the mixture, let dry completely, then rinse with warm water. Your face will feel fresh and rejuvenated.
- There are two popular ways to make a hair mask using milk. You can use either milk and eggs or milk and honey to produce shiny hair. Blend your ingredients together, work the mixture through your hair and wait 10-30 minutes before rinsing and cleaning your hair with shampoo and conditioner.
- Make a milk sugar scrub to exfoliate your skin weekly. Use milk with sugar, honey and essential oils for an effective body scrub. Slowly add the milk to your sticky mixture to prevent the scrub from becoming runny. It sounds sweet! Remember that it’s a scrub and avoid using on sensitive areas like the face.
- Milk acts as a natural skin softener in this twist on the historic milk baths. Put the desired amount of powdered milk in tub for a relaxing soak that leaves your skin feeling smooth. If you’re feeling fancy, you can even make it into a bath bomb with baking soda, your favorite essential oils and a mold. Combine with a relaxing drink. Since it has chocolate, we recommend the Chocolate Banana Frappe as your companion for your softening soak.
- Now this is a necessity for anyone getting their hands dirty! Make a paste from oatmeal and milk and rub it vigorously against your hands. Once you rinse, difficult stains will be gone. The mixture will soften and soothe your irritated skin, too.
- Dab your choice of whole milk or yogurt onto your face and rinse for a natural makeup remover.
See any interesting ideas? We want to know! Google and experiment to find your favorite milk-based beauty recipe. Share with us what makes milk your favorite beauty trend.