Milkshakes are always a good idea. Thick and sweet, it’s a dessert that you can truly savor as you slowly sip. It’s amazing how milk and your choice of ice cream can create such a perfect treat. Though milkshakes are often associated with summer, once fall hits, combine your love of milkshakes with your favorite fall flavors.
Here are some fun fall milkshakes to try:
- Salted caramel is a popular dessert choice, with the salt bringing out the sweetness of the caramel. Its appearance in ice cream is almost elegant, offering an indulgent weekend dessert. When you run out of salted caramel ice cream, grab the blender for a tasty milkshake instead. Blend caramel sauce with salt, vanilla ice cream, and milk. Top with whipped cream, caramel sauce, and a pinch of sea salt if preferred.
- A fun, time-honored activity of fall is to sit around a bonfire and make s’mores. On the days when it still feels like summer, enjoy the classic treat in milkshake form. Toast your marshmallows (bonfire optional). Blend well to vanilla or chocolate ice cream and a splash of milk. Sprinkle in crushed graham crackers and cover with chocolate sauce. Top with whipped cream and leftover graham cracker.
- Pumpkin spice seems to appear in everything edible, from lattes to a rub on meat. Partake in the fall must-have by adding it to a creamy shake. Combine pumpkin spice with vanilla ice cream and brown sugar. Add pumpkin puree and heavy cream instead of milk for a richer sip. Top with plenty of whipped cream. All that’s left to do is grab your plaid before you enjoy the ultimate fall flavor.
- The rich taste of chocolate and the nutty taste of peanut butter combine to create a flavor power couple, and fall seems to be their favorite time to make public appearances. Blend chocolate ice cream, chocolate milk, and peanut butter until smooth. Top with whipped cream, chopped peanut butter cups, and chocolate sauce. Yum!
- Apple cider is a versatile fall drink. Drink a refreshingly cool glass on a trip to the pumpkin patch. Drink a warm mug after a night of decorating. Why not drink a tall glass of an apple cider milkshake on a calm evening? Blend vanilla ice cream, cinnamon, and apple cider. Top with whipped cream, cinnamon, and caramel sauce.
Of course, these are just suggestions to get started. There are plenty of opportunities to discover the perfect fall milkshake for you. While you taste test, try making a giant milkshake topped with cookies, mini doughnuts, and other delicious pairings for your fall milkshake flavors. You can’t go wrong with your fall milkshake combinations!