This classic bread pudding recipe is made with lactose-free milk and topped with sweet bourbon sauce.
- 2 1/2 cups 2% lactose-free milk
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 (1-pound) loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon 2% lactose free milk
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- Splash of vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt
- Combine milk, bourbon, 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and eggs in a large bowl; stir well. Add raisins and bread cubes, tossing gently. Spoon mixture into an 8-x-8-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until pudding is set.
- Combine remaining sugar and water in a small heavy saucepan and over medium-high heat cook until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly. Dissolve cornstarch in milk and stir into water. Cook 1 minute or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir in bourbon, vanilla and salt.
Chill time: 4 hours Source of recipe: Regan Jones, RD