Butternut Squash and Sage Soup
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
This velvety, smooth butternut squash soup gets its creaminess from Greek yogurt and milk.
Yield may be 3-4 servings (3 1/2 cups) Source of recipe: Regan Jones, Healthy Aperture
- 1 medium-sized butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Additional fresh sage ((optional))
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place uncut squash on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven; let cool slightly. Slice in half lengthwise and discard seeds.
- Scoop cooked pulp into a medium saucepan. Place over medium-high heat. Add sage and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients. Purée with a handheld blender (or place in blender or food processor to puree). Serve warm. Garnish with fresh sage, if desired.