Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
This easy appetizer recipe features all the flavor of a classic caprese salad, but on top of toasted, bite-size bread.
Source of recipe: Rebecca Egsieker, The Dairy Chef
- 24 (1/2-inch-thick) slices ciabatta baguette
- 1 cup red grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup yellow grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus extra for coating slices of bread)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup small mozzarella balls ((Ciliegine))
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- Place ciabatta slices on baking sheet, brush with olive oil and bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove bread from oven and let cool.
- Mix quartered tomatoes, salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic powder and vinegar in mixing bowl. Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Slice each mozzarella balls into four slices and set aside.
- To assemble, place slices of toasted bread on a serving platter, then place three to four slices of mozzarella on each crostini. Top with a spoonful of the tomato mixture, spreading over crostini as needed. Stack basil leaves on top of each other and then roll-up tightly. Gently cut the basil into thin pieces making long thin strips. Sprinkle over the prepared crostini. Serve immediately at room temperature.