Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Fondue is back in style and a great choice for entertaining. If you don’t have a fondue pot, you can use a saucepan and place on a warming tray.
- 1 1/3 cups low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic crushed and peeled
- 2 dried bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cup grated 50% light Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups raw broccoli, florets
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound small new potatoes, cooked
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together milk and cornstarch until cornstarch is completely dissolved, tilting pan to check for any remaining lumps.
- Add garlic, bay leaves, mustard and nutmeg. Place pan over medium-low heat. Whisking constantly, bring mixture to simmer; continue whisking for 1 minute.
- Add cheese and whisk just until cheese is melted and smooth. Remove from heat, discard bay leaves and transfer mixture to a fondue pot or place the saucepan on a warming tray. Serve with assorted vegetables.
Serve with vegetables for dunking. Source of recipe: Cabot Creamery