Cheese and Herb Dutch Baby
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Perfect for brunch or pair with a mixed green salad for an easy weeknight dinner, this savory Dutch baby is great anytime of year. If Gruyere isn’t available, substitute Swiss or Provolone.
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh chives chopped, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese shredded, divided
- 3 ounces prosciutto chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Pour milk and next five ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and frothy, about 2 minutes. Place blender container in refrigerator to chill for about 20 minutes.
- Place a 10 or 12-inch cast iron pan in the oven for approximately 10 minutes. Remove batter from refrigerator and stir in half of the cheese, Prosciutto, rosemary, thyme and half of the chives, set aside. Remove heated pan from oven and place butter in bottom, swirling around to melt. Quickly pour batter into buttered cast iron skillet. Bake for 25 minutes or until edges are golden. Batter will rise substantially, then deflate quickly once removed from oven. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese and chives. Cut into eight slices, serve warm or at room temperature.