Cheese and Brussels Sprouts Stuffed Mushrooms
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Try this new spin on the classic spinach stuffed mushrooms by swapping Brussels Sprouts for the spinach and using ricotta cheese as the base replaces any need for breadcrumbs or egg.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Brussels Sprouts
- 3 strips bacon
- 1 16-ounce package whole baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend divided
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Over medium heat, place chopped bacon in a non-stick skillet and stir into an even layer. Add in the Brussels Sprouts. Sauté for about 15 minutes, until the bacon is crispy, and the sprouts are caramelized. While the bacon mixture is cooking, place ricotta and Italian cheese, reserving 1/4 cup of Italian cheese, and next four ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Stir together until well combined. Mix in cooked bacon and Brussels Sprouts.
- Destem and wipe clean the mushrooms. Place in a large rimmed baking sheets, making sure mushrooms are not touching. Fill each mushroom with a heaping spoonful of cheese mixture, then top each one with a sprinkle of the remaining Italian cheese blend. Cut butter into small pieces and distribute evenly in the bottom of the baking pan. Place pan in oven on middle rack. Bake for 30 minutes, or until tops are bubbly and golden brown. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired.