Cheesy Chicken Crunchers
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
These kid-friendly baked chicken fingers have extra protein from the cheese that’s added to the crispy cereal coating.
Serve with ketchup, honey mustard or BBQ sauce if desired. Source of recipe: Chef Jon Ashton of Orlando, Florida
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 1/2 cups corn flake cereal
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 chicken breast fillets; cut into strips
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375˚. Set up three bowls with the following: 1) flour mixed with a pinch of salt and pepper; 2) an egg wash made by beating the eggs and milk together; 3) corn flake cereal mixed with cheese.
- Coat a 13- x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Dip chicken in flour, then into egg wash, then roll in cereal mixture, coating entire piece of chicken and place on baking pan.
- Discard any unused cereal mixture after coating chicken. Bake for 25 minutes, turning halfway through to ensure even browning.