Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Rich guacamole blended with puréed cottage cheese and Cheddar cheese.
Source of recipe: National Dairy Council®
- 16 ounces low-fat cottage cheese ((lactose-free))
- 1 cup avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, peeled, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespooons lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- Purée cottage cheese until smooth in food processor.
- In a small bowl combine avocado, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, cumin, coriander and garlic powder; mash with a fork until chunky.
- Stir together cottage cheese, guacamole mixture and Cheddar, reserving some Cheddar to use as garnish.