Cheesy Stuffed Potato
Dress up a plain baked potato by stuffing it with cheese, steamed fresh veggies and yogurt.
- 1 large potato, baked
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup steamed vegetables, such as broccoli or red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425˚.
- Cut a lengthwise slit in top of potato. Carefully scoop out potato, leaving about 1/4 inch of pulp inside the shell. Mash removed potato in a medium bowl.
- Add yogurt and black pepper to mashed potato. Place potato shells on baking sheet. Spoon mashed potato mixture back into potato shells.
- Top with steamed vegetabls and cheese. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Source of recipe: Elizabeth Ward, M.S., R.D., mother of three and author of Healthy Foods, Healthy Kids (Adams Media, 2002)