Chilled Avocado Soup
Fresh cilantro and lemon juice blend perfectly with avocados in this chilled soup. For best flavor, be sure to use ripe avocados.
- 2 medium ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion, powder
- Dash ground white pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) can reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup LACTAID® reduced-fat milk
- Sliced cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Place avocados, cilantro, lemon juice, salt, onion powder, and white pepper in a blender container or food processor bowl. Add chicken broth; cover and blend or process until smooth. Transfer to a glass bowl. Stir in 1 cup LACTAID® reduced-fat milk. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 8 hours.
- Stir before serving. Season to taste with additional salt and white pepper. If necessary, stir in additional LACTAID® reduced-fat milk to reach desired consistency. If desired, garnish with small dollops of pesto and sour cream and top with sliced cherry tomatoes.
Total time includes 3 hours to chill. Source of recipe: LACTAID®