Cinnamon Swirl Yogurt French Toast
Make your French toast a little more special by using cinnamon swirl bread and topping the toast with fresh fruit and yogurt.
- 2 whole medium eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 pieces cinnamon swirl bread
- 16 ounces fat-free plain yogurt
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh fruit i.e. grapes, strawberries, oranges, blueberries, peaches
- Combine the topping ingredients, except for fruit, in small mixing bowl. Refrigerate.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, milk and cinnamon. Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture and coat thoroughly. Plave in skillet and cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- To serve, cut warm French toast on the diagonal. Arrange on plate. Top with fruit, then the yogurt mixture.
To reduce prep time, use frozen French toast. Note, nutritional information may change.