Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Crisp and tender, these classic popovers are the perfect bread to accompany any roasted meat or poultry.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup LACTAID reduced-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°. Coat custard cups or cups of a popover pan with cooking spray. Place the custard cups on a 15-x-10-x-1-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat eggs, LACTAID® reduced-fat milk, and oil with a wire whisk or rotary beater until combined. Add flour and salt; beat until smooth.
- Fill the prepared cups 1/2 full with batter. Bake 40 minutes or until very firm.
- Immediately after removing from oven, prick each popover with a fork to let steam escape. For crisper popovers, return the popovers to the oven for 5-10 minutes or until desired crispness is reached. Remove popovers from cups; serve immediately.
Source of recipe: LACTAID®