Coble Potato Soup
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
The Coble family shares their recipe for this creamy potato soup that is made with whole milk, butter and cheese.
- 3 large red potatoes, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1/2 large Vidalia onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom condensed soup
- 2 cups milk
- Place potatoes in large (8-quart) pot with broth and onions. Add seasoning and boil until potatoes are fork-tender. Add parsley, garlic, mushroom soup, butter and milk. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Top with shredded cheese, if desired. Serve with crackers.