Creamy Avocado Hummus
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
A wacky mash-up of guacamole and hummus, this easy dip gets its creamy light smoothness from the addition of Greek Yogurt. With half the calories of traditional hummus, serve it with raw vegetables or chips for a light, healthy snack.
Click here for an instructional cooking video. Source of recipe: Maureen Callahan, MS, RD
- 1 large avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded, deveined and roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth (yield: 2 1/2 cups).