Crustless Cheddar and Sun-dried Tomato Quiches
Serve miniature Cheddar-filled quiches for a protein-packed appetizer.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 leek, cleaned and finely chopped about 1 cup
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, minced plus additional for garnish
- 1 cup fat-free lactose-free milk
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spray a 12-cup regular-size muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and cook until softened, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Divide leeks among muffin cups and top evenly with 2/3 cup cheese and sun-dried tomato.
- Blend milk, egg, thyme, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor for 20 seconds. Pour milk mixture over cheese in muffin cups and top evenly with remaining cheese. Bake 20-22 minutes or until tops and edges are browned. Cool in pan for 3 minutes; serve warm or cold. Top with additional pieces of sun-dried tomato and fresh thyme, if desired.
Source of recipe: Chef Kevin Rathbun