New 30 minute video trainings:
Strive for 35 (HACCP-approved for ice-cold milk)
Mooving Dairy with Alternative Feeding (Recipes, equipment and marketing solutions for mobile meals)
Recipe of the Month: Cheddar Cheese Dip–April 26 is National Pretzel Day!
Grant Applications: Contact Your Local Representative
Fuel Your Good with Dairy!
Schools are in a unique position to impact students’ food choices daily. School meal programs provide access to healthy and nutritious foods, such as non-fat and low-fat dairy, fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Dairy foods like milk, cheese and yogurt have nine essential nutrients – including protein, calcium, potassium and vitamin D – to support growth, strong bones and muscles, healthy weight and heart health.
The Dairy Alliance works with school nutrition professionals throughout the Southeast to promote dairy nutrition, enhance school menu options, address food insecurity, and promote physical activity. Studies show that well-nourished, physically active students do better at school and have fewer discipline problems. Here are programs and resources The Dairy Alliance supports with technical assistance, promotional materials and grant funding for equipment and promotion – all to assist as you Fuel Your Good for students.
GOOD Tools for Safely Serving Meals
10 Recipes for Alternative Feeding
GOOD for the Body
Dairy Programs & Recipes
Reach students with GOOD nutrition all day, all year for their overall health, social and emotional well-being! Contact your local manager of youth wellness regarding technical assistance, staff training and funding opportunities for these dairy good programs!
- Fuel Up to Play 60
- Fueling Up is as Easy as 1-2-3
- Afterschool Supper
- Breakfast in the Classroom/Grab ‘n Go
- Bulk Milk Dispensers
- Cocoa Moo
- Moo Brew
- Smooth and Smart
- Strive for 35°
- Yo to Go!
Why introduce new recipes on your menu?
On-trend, fun and tasty school meal recipes are a great way to help ensure every student is fueled and ready to learn. The recipes provide new ways to meet school meal guidelines. Each recipe includes delicious dairy products and all help to meet grain, fruit and vegetable servings, too. The recipes are quick-scratch, easy to prepare, designed to help meet school cost constraints and are suitable for cafeteria service, Breakfast in the Classroom and Grab ‘n Go. These are also suitable for breakfast, lunch, supper and/or snacks.
GOOD for the Community, GOOD for the Planet
Dairy Promotion & Education
Help students understand where their food comes from and how dairy farmers collaborate to build strong communities and schools.
School Nutrition Resources
- Dairy: Good for You & Good for the Planet, Student Video
- Dairy Good for Me and the Planet Table Display
- Dairy: Good for You & Good for the Planet Bulletin Board Kit
- Dairy Farm to School Toolkit
- Dairy Good Bulletin Board Kit
- Discover Dairy Classroom Enrichment
- Discover Dairy Lesson Series Grades 3-5 and Grades 6-8
- Discovery Education™/Undeniably Dairy™ Virtual Field Trip
- Schedule a trip to a local dairy farm with your classroom
Lesson Plans and Worksheets
- Farm to Table – Young Minds Inspired (YMI) Lesson Plans
- Healthy Farming, Healthy You – Young Minds Inspired (YMI) Lesson Plans
- Make and Taste Dairy
- Milk On The Mooove: From Farm To You Student Worksheet
- Under Construction: Building the Best Bones for Life