Cheesy Broccoli Bites
Eating broccoli never tasted so good! These delicious, healthy and cheesy broccoli fritters double as the perfect kid-friendly recipe and crowd-pleasing appetizer.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup plain panko-style bread crumbs
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Cook fresh chopped broccoli for 2-3 minutes in the microwave. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients until well incorporated and bread crumbs have absorbed the egg mixture. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or use nonstick spray. Using a small ice cream scoop or large spoon, portion out mixture and gently roll to make a ball with your hands, place ball on the baking sheet and repeat to make 16. Once rolled out, gently press down to flatten out for more even cooking.
- Bake at 350˚ degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
Cook time may take 20-25 minutes