Cheesy Chicken Crunchers
These kid-friendly baked chicken fingers have extra protein from the cheese that’s added to the crispy cereal coating.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flake cereal
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 chicken breast fillets; cut into strips
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375˚. Set up three bowls with the following: 1) flour mixed with a pinch of salt and pepper; 2) an egg wash made by beating the eggs and milk together; 3) corn flake cereal mixed with cheese.
- Coat a 13- x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Dip chicken in flour, then into egg wash, then roll in cereal mixture, coating entire piece of chicken and place on baking pan.
- Discard any unused cereal mixture after coating chicken. Bake for 25 minutes, turning halfway through to ensure even browning.
Serve with ketchup, honey mustard or BBQ sauce if desired.
Source of recipe: Chef Jon Ashton of Orlando, Florida