Cheesy Egg Scrambler
For an easy breakfast, fill a pita pocket with egg whites and melted cheese.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 6 minutes
- 1⁄2 whole-wheat pita bread
- All-purpose cooking spray
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- Toast pita; set aside. Spray small skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat 20 to 30 seconds. Scramble egg whites and cheese in preheated skillet until egg whites are set and cheese is melted.
- Fill pita pocket with eggs and cheese; serve.
- Tip: Kick up the flavor with zesty Jalapeno or Monterrey Jack cheese or add chopped mushrooms, onions or green peppers to egg whites before scrambling.
Source of recipe: Kraft Kitchens on behalf of the American Dairy Association/National Dairy Council