Crustless Spinach Quiche
Try a new spin on the traditional quiche by adding spinach to the egg-and-cheese filling and omitting the crust.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated Cabot 50% Light Cheddar cheese
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Drizzle oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add spinach and stir 3 additional minutes or until spinach is wilted. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375˚. Lightly coat a 9-inch nonstick pie plate with cooking spray. Sprinkle cheese in pan.
- Top with spinach mixture. In a medium bowl, whisk egg whites, egg, cottage cheese, red pepper, salt and nutmeg. Pour egg mixture over spinach. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until set. Let sit 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Serve warm.
Source of recipe: Cabot Creamery