Easy Cheesy Calzone
This individual stuffed pizza is filled with pizza sauce and a cheesy broccoli filling.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 16 ounces prepared pizza dough
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella
- 3 cups cooked chopped broccoli, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to form a 9-x14-inch rectangle, about 1/4-inch thick. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce over half of dough. Sprinkle cheese over entire piece of dough to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Layer broccoli on one half of the long side of the dough. Fold dough in half over cheese and broccoli filling.
- Seal edges by pressing with the tines of a fork. Prick top. Brush top with butter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Allow to cool 5 minutes before slicing.
Source of recipe: Elizabeth Ward, M.S., R.D.