Georgia Peach Preserves Sundaes
A lactose-free homemade pound cake is the foundation of these southern-style peach sundaes. For this recipe you will only need half of the cake. Place the remaining half in an airtight container and freeze for another use.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lactose-free milk
- 6 cups lactose-free ice cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups peach preserves
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Using a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, until they are completely incorporated. Stir in vanilla extract and orange zest.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Alternating dry and wet ingredients, add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture. Spread batter into a 13-x9-inch greased and floured baking pan and bake 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool and cut cake in half. Reserve half of cake for another use. Cut remaining half of cake into 12 equal squares.
- To assemble each sundae, crumble half of one cake square into the bottom of a dessert dish. Top with 1/4 cup lactose-free ice cream, 1 tablespoon peach preserves and 2 teaspoons toasted pecans. Repeat with remaining half of cake square, ice cream, sauce, and nuts and serve immediately.
Source of recipe: Chef Caitlin Steininger