Lowcountry Warm Crab Dip
An appetizer that will go fast at any party, this warm, cheesy dip is packed full of three kinds of cheese and fresh crabmeat.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat, picked through to remove shells and cartilage
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, Cheddar cheese and next eight ingredients (sour cream through garlic) in a large bowl, stirring to combine. Fold in crabmeat.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 1-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 30 minutes or until dip is bubbling and golden brown. Serve warm with crackers and raw vegetables.
Serving size: About 1/4 cup