Mango-Curry Chicken Salad
Add a touch of sweetness to this main-dish chicken salad with dried cranberries and walnuts. Cheese cubes boost both the protein and the calcium in this nutrient-packed salad.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 1⁄2 cups grilled skinless, boneless chicken breasts (1⁄2-inch pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup seeded and cubed mango
- 1 cup dried, sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup Mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- Grill chicken breasts, cut into small pieces and set aside. In a medium bowl, blend yogurt and curry with a whisk and stir in chicken, mango, cranberries, walnuts and Mozzarella. Mix well and serve on lettuce leaves if desired.
Source of recipe: Chef Kevin Millonzi, Executive Chef/Owner of Restaurant PROV and atomic Catering, Providence, R.I., on behalf of 3-A-Day of Dairy