Mini Dutch Babies
Take your pancake game to a whole new level with these mini Dutch Babies filled with seasonal fresh fruit and dusted with a touch of powdered sugar. Baking them in muffin tin makes them perfect for entertaining larger groups or a brunch buffet!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup seasonal berries
- Pour milk and next five ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and frothy, about 2 minutes. Place blender container in the refrigerator to chill for about 20 minutes. While the batter is chilling, cut butter into 12 pieces; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425° and place a 12-cup muffin tin in the oven until heated.
- Remove batter from refrigerator, then remove muffin tin from oven and place one piece of butter in each cup, swirling around to melt. Quickly pour batter into buttered muffin cups, filling each cup about 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Place muffin tin in the oven and bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden. The batter will rise substantially, then deflate quickly once removed from oven creating the perfect well for fresh berries
- Remove tin from oven; dust cups with powdered sugar. Fill each cup with fresh seasonal berries as desired. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Click here for an instructional cooking video.