No-Churn Strawberry Buttermilk Ice Cream
Don’t have an ice cream maker? No worries, this super simple and super delicious ice cream will certainly please ice cream lovers of all ages.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped and divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Clean and remove hulls from strawberries, then cut into small pieces and divide in half. Set aside a half cup of cut-up strawberries and place the other half in a small mixing bowl, then mash gently with a fork, set aside.
- Combine cream and sweetened condensed milk in mixing bowl and whip on high speed until soft peaks form. Add buttermilk and mix on low until well combined. Gently fold in the mashed strawberries and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into a metal loaf pan, cover tightly with plastic wrap and place in freezer for one hour.
- Remove the pan, stir in remaining half cup of cut-up strawberries and give the ice cream a good thorough mixing.
- Cover tightly again and place in freezer for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Click here for an instructional cooking video.
Yield: 1 quart