Orange Almond Quick Bread
Greek yogurt and milk are the secret ingredients to keeping this quick-bread super moist. Using rolled oats provides extra fiber and gives the bread the perfect texture. You can swap whole wheat flour if desired. The recipe easily makes 12 muffins for a quick on-the-run breakfast or midday snack. Make ahead and freeze for those busy mornings or weekends.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 1 loaf or 12 muffins
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Zest and juice of 1 medium orange
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup old fashion rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9×5-inch (or 8×4-inch) loaf pan.
In large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar with a hand mixer. Add in Greek yogurt, milk and next three ingredients. Mix until well combined. Add in flour and next 4 dry ingredients, mix until well combined, but don’t overbeat the flour. Fold in half the almonds.
Pour batter into greased loaf pan. Bake for approximately 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and tester comes out clean when inserted into center. Cool in pan on wire rack for about 15 minutes. Make glaze while loaf is cooling. Carefully invert the loaf pan and transfer the bread to cooling rack and allow loaf to cool completely. Drizzle with glaze and sprinkle with remaining almond slices.