Parm Pesto Twists
Store-bought pesto sauce, pizza dough, and marinara sauce make this appetizer a cinch to prepare, but oh so tasty! It’s a hearty snack the whole family will love.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- 1 (11-ounce) package thin-crust refrigerated pizza dough
- 1⁄2 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1 cup Italian blend cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup prepared marinara sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a large piece of parchment paper on counter to create a non-stick work surface. Roll dough out into large rectangle, pulling the dough gently to make the sides even, keeping the long edge of the dough towards you. Spread pesto sauce evenly on lower half of dough. Sprinkle shredded cheese in even layer over pesto, keeping cheese to lower half of dough only. Gently fold top half of dough over lower half with pesto and cheese. Press down gently to help seal dough together. Using a pizza cutter, cut dough crosswise into 12 equal strips. Gently twist each piece and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat for remaining 11 strips.
- Mix melted butter and garlic powder together, brush onto twists and sprinkle each with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is bubbly on top. Serve with marinara sauce.
Click here for an instructional cooking video.