Peanut Butter Trail Mix Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Stir together the flour, 1 cup granola, baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt and ground cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the yogurt, peanut butter, dark brown sugar, melted butter and eggs in a medium bowl until smooth; whisk in the milk.
- Pour the milk mixture over the flour mixture; add the carrots and fold together just until blended.
- Portion the batter between 18 lightly greased, standard-size muffin cups filling 2/3 full. Sprinkle the remaining 3/4 cup granola evenly over the batter in the cups. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until a wooden pick tests clean when inserted in the center. Gently loosen the muffins from pan edges. Transfer to a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Prepare the Yogurt-Peanut Butter Glaze; drizzle over the muffins.
Yogurt Peanut Butter Glaze
- Whisk the powdered sugar into the yogurt and peanut butter in a medium bowl a little at a time until blended; whisk vigorously until thickened & smooth.
Muffin cook time may take 15-18 minutes
Source of recipe: Rebecca Gordon, Buttermilk Lipstick