Scrambled Egg and Mozzarella Breakfast Pizza
Offer pizza for breakfast by topping an English muffin with pizza sauce and cheesy scrambled eggs.
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 9 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons green or red bell peppers, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash of oregano seasoning or Italian seasoning
- 4 teaspoons pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded low-moisture Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Split English muffin in half and toast; set aside.
- Melt butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, green onions and bell pepper. Cook, stirring continuously for 2 minutes, or until vegetables are softened.
- Stir egg substitute, salt, pepper and oregano into vegetable mixture. Cook, stirring continuously until egg substitute is set, about 2 minutes.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of pizza sauce onto each English muffin half. Spoon a quarter of egg mixture over pizza sauce and top with a quarter of cheese.
- Spoon remaining egg mixture and cheese evenly on top of muffins. Place muffins on a baking sheet and bake 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Source of recipe: 3-A-Day of Dairy