Skillet Butternut Squash Lasagna
You don’t need to spend hours preparing a lasagna when you can whip this delicious one up in under an hour and do it all in one pan! Save more time and buy pre-cut fresh butternut squash when available.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups butternut squash cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1⁄2 cups marinara sauce divided
- 7-8 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 8- ounce ball fresh mozzarella sliced
- fresh basil for garnish
- Place cut-up butternut squash in a shallow microwave safe dish, season with salt and pepper, microwave for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes, until just tender.
- In a large 12-inch oven-safe skillet, such as a cast iron, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Sauté squash until browned, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine ricotta, parmesan cheese, pesto, garlic and remaining spices. Add sautéed squash to ricotta mixture, stir until well combined.
- Using the same skillet, turn heat to low, place 1 cup of marinara sauce in the bottom of the pan, distributing evenly. Layer 3 noodles, breaking to fit if needed, onto sauce. Top with half the ricotta and butternut squash mixture, spreading evenly over noodles. Add one cup of spinach leave and half the mozzarella cheese. Repeat another layer of sauce, noodles and ricotta mix, ending with remaining 1/2 cup of marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. Cover with lid and cook over low heat for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and place slices of fresh mozzarella cheese on top.
- Broil on high for 10 minutes, or until cheese begins and brown and bubble. Garnish with fresh basil and additional parmesan if desired.