- Shred both blocks of cheese and place in a medium mixing bowl.
Add diced red peppers, mayonnaise and spices. Gently mix all ingredients together. Cover and chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Note: You can use jarred roasted red peppers instead of roasting your own. Use peppers in brine only, not oil, and be sure to drain completely and remove as much moisture as possible.
- Pimiento Cheese with Bacon and Scallions:Combine 2 cups Southern Pimiento Cheese with 3/4 cup chopped, cooked bacon and 1/4 cup chopped scallions. Yield: 2 cups (serving size: 2 tablespoons).
- Pimiento Cheese with Horseradish and Pecans:Combine 2 cups Southern Pimiento Cheese with 1/2 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped, 3 tablespoons grated horseradish, and 2 teaspoons granulated garlic. Yield: 2 1/2 cups (serving size: 2 tablespoons)
- Pimiento Cheese with Sweet and Spicy Pickles: Combine 2 cups Southern Pimiento Cheese and 3/4 cup finely chopped Wickles Pickles®. Yield: 2 1/2 cups (serving size: 2 tablespoons)
- *Wickles Pickles® were used for recipe development, however, any sweet and spicy pickles will also work well.
Serving size: 2 tablespoons
Source of recipe: Rebecca Egsieker, The Dairy Chef