Ham & Swiss Biscuit Bites with Jalapeño-Plum Preserves
For an effortless game day snack, prepare the recipe 1 day ahead. To reheat, remove the biscuits from the cast iron skillet, wrap loosely in foil, and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until warm.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 20 frozen tea biscuits
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 4 ounces thinly sliced Virginia ham, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2⁄3 cup plum preserves
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- Place biscuits on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature to thaw, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Stir together mustard and 1 tablespoon butter.
- Flatten biscuits on a floured surface to measure about 4 inches; brush with mustard mixture.
- Divide ham and 3/4 cup cheese evenly between biscuits. Pinch biscuit ends together and place seam side down in a lightly greased 10-inch cast iron skillet.
- Brush tops with remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Top with remaining 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until lightly brown. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.
- Meanwhile, stir together preserves and remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with biscuits.
Click here for an instructional cooking video.
Source of recipe: Rebecca Gordon, Buttermilk Lipstick