Easy Skillet Creamed Corn
Make old-fashioned creamed corn lactose-free simply by using lactose-free milk. For this easy version, everything is cooked in one skillet.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups fresh, frozen or drained, canned whole-kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups lactose-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Crumbled cooked bacon (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat; add onion and cook 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in corn and cook 5 more minutes. Sprinkle in flour and cornmeal, stir and cook 1 minute. Stir in milk, salt and pepper; keep stirring and cook additional 3 minutes or until thick. Top with cooked bacon, if desired.