Egg and Cheese Breakfast Cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Enjoy a low-lactose breakfast cup filled with sausage or ham and topped with Cheddar cheese.
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup lactose-free milk
- Pinch of black pepper
- 6 slices whole-wheat bread, crusts removed ((such as Pepperidge Farms))
- 1/4 cup chopped cooked ham, bacon or sausage
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar or pepper-jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray six muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Mix eggs, milk and pepper in a small bowl.
- Press one slice of bread into each muffin cup, making a cup shape with bread.
- Pour egg mixture evenly into bread cups; top with ham, bacon or sausage.
- Bake 15 minutes or until eggs are cooked and not runny. Remove from oven and turn oven off. Top evenly with cheese and let stand in oven 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven and let cool at least 5 minutes.