Firecracker Smashed Potatoes
Way better than plain mashed potatoes, this garlicky mix of smashed, roasted potatoes, chipotle peppers and cheese is sure to satisfy.
- 1 whole head garlic, top trimmed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 pounds Idaho or russet potatoes, scrubbed, cut into 2-inch cubes
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 8 ounces Cabot 50% Light Jalapeño Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Canned sliced jalapeno peppers for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Put garlic head on large square of aluminum foil and drizzle with oil. Gather foil around garlic, twisting top to close tightly. Bake 60 minutes or until pulp is golden and very soft. When cool enough to handle, break apart cloves and squeeze pulp from each into small bowl; mash to puree with fork.
- In large pot of boiling, salted water, cook potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well and return to pot. Add cheese, chipotle peppers and garlic puree. Mash to combine, leaving potatoes very chunky. Garnish with jalapeno peppers.
Source of recipe: Cabot