Glover Pot Pie
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
The Glover family shares their recipe for easy chicken pot pie that features a homemade crust made with self-rising flour, buttermilk and butter.
Yield may be 6-8 servings. Source of recipe: Glover Family Recipe
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts (halves) skin removed
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Place chicken in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover chicken. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°. Drain chicken, reserving 2 cups broth. Shred chicken and place in a lightly-greased 13-x9-inch casserole dish. Mix cream-of-mushroom soup and 1 cup broth; pour over chicken. Mix flour, buttermilk and melted butter. Pour over chicken mixture. Pour remaining chicken broth evenly over dish and do not stir. Bake at 350° 1 hour or until crust rises to the top and is golden brown.