Cardamom, the exotic spice that gives Chai tea it’s unique flavor, is a fun addition to this snack mix. If you can’t find it, substitute cinnamon or nutmeg. Be sure to store the granola-style gorp in an airtight container to keep it crisp.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons plus 4 teaspoons honey, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 325˚.
- Combine oats, pumpkin seeds and walnuts in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small microwave safe glass bowl, whisking to blend. Heat on HIGH for 20-30 seconds or until honey melts; pour mixture over dry ingredients and toss until well blended. Pour mixture onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 325˚ or until mixture begins to brown lightly, stirring a few times to keep it browning evenly. Cool until ready to use (yield: 2 cups).
- To assemble sundaes, scoop 1/2 cup yogurt into each of four sundae cups. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon honey and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons gorp.
Source of recipe: Maureen Callahan, MS, RD